Friends of Dudley Castle Meetings
Meetings are held at 7:30pm on the following dates for members of The Friends of Dudley Castle and their guests only. Prospective members and guests are welcome, but will be asked to pay a small charge. Below is a list of the upcoming dates, locations and guest speakers.
Meetings will be held at Dudley Ex-Servicemens Club on Hall Street, except in summertime when they are held in the Castle Undercroft. On these occasions, access is via Fellows Gate, which will be opened at 7:25pm to allow all cars to go through at the same time.
- 18th May – Adrian Durkin
- 22nd June – Elaine Joyce: Dudley Castle In The Civil War.
- 20th July – Summer event in the Castle court yard.
- August – No meeting.
- 21st September – Ned Williams: Dudley – The Centre of the Universe
- 19th October – John Spary: The A449.
- 23rd November – John Billingham: An amble around Staffordshire.
Speakers at previous meetings have included:
- Mary Bodfish on ‘Beers, Bets And Bullbaiting’
- Ned Williams on ‘History With A Dividend’.
- Alan Pearce on ‘Interesting and quirky visitors to Himley Hall’
- Keith Cheetham on Mary Queen Of Scots
- Craig Denston
- Max Keen on 950 years of Dudley Castle
To find out more about one of our regular speakers, Max Keen, please visit his webpage https://www.keenhistorytalks.com/